If you are considering a new approach for your lawn, then think about these advantages of xeriscaping:
· Although it can be a bit pricey to get started, once the xeriscape is in place, your landscape design will require little to no work. This means that your investment will last for years to come.
· Opting for xeriscape means less water used for landscape care, which means less money spent on utility bills – especially during the growing season.
· You don’t have to live in a desert like area. There are plants perfect for xeriscaping no matter where you live.
· Speaking of plants, there are numerous plants that can be used -you aren’t limited just to cacti!
· Xeriscaping helps you minimize your environment al footprint and impact as much as possible.
· No need to spend time cutting back hedges, weeding, watering and other redundant jobs associated with landscaping.
Of course, the xeriscapes landscape design is not for everyone. After all, there are many people out there who like nothing better than to work in the yard. These people often feel that this type of landscape design seems more sparse (it often is) than the traditional approach to lawn design. As a result, it can work against you if you live in an area where everyone else has more traditional lawns -especially if you and several other neighbors all happen to be putting your home on the market at the same time! However, this alternative approach is still a unique way to achieve a healthy yard that suits your needs. (Of course, if you live in a dry region, having your lawn already xeriscaped can actually be a boon to your yard because your landscape will look better than those yards where the grass is brown and dying!)
Xeriscaping is the perfect choice for those looking for an easy to maintain landscaping design. It can created for virtually any climate which makes it popular all around the globe. If you are considering the xeriscape approach for your yard, talk to a local nursery or landscape design company and learn how one can be created for your lawn.